Looking for HR Consulting? Is a Part-Time HR Consultant the right solution for you?
Do you wish you had an HR person on your staff but you’re not ready to pay a full-time employee yet?
Do you struggle to find the right people for your company?
Do you have issues with your staff that you don’t know how to handle?
Does the thought of preparing for employee reviews make you want to hide under the covers?
When an employee knocks on your door, is your first thought “I hope they aren’t going to quit?”
Do you yearn to be the kind of boss that people love to work with and follow easily?
I know your pain. I get it because I did it. I know how hard it is to hire, fire and manage staff. I know because during the years I co-owned TLA Entertainment Group, I helped the company grow to over 250 employees in 7 locations, including New York City and London. I handled all levels of employees from the Controller down to warehouse employees. As COO, I oversaw all aspects of staffing, employee policies and employee engagement.
And I answered yes to every one of the questions above!
Through a lot of trial and error, willingness to learn and try new things, I went from frustrated and alone to having a high-performing team I loved. Company turnover was low, productivity was high and most of the employees loved their jobs.
How did I create this environment? I hired well, worked with AND for my employees and fired when needed. This is what We Empower Leaders helps clients do for their businesses. My team and I are committed to you having a great staff that you love to work with!
How can we at We Empower Leaders help small to medium-sized businesses?
We offer HR consulting around four key areas.
- Employee Issues
- Employee reviews
What we’ve found is that the most common reason business owners contact us is because they are having trouble hiring the right person. We can help with that!
We can help you find the right person – we will
- Define the qualities and skill sets of the perfect applicant
- Creating the perfect ad that will appeal to your ideal candidate
- Run and manage the ad
- Pre-screen the candidates
- Help conduct the interview process – attend the interviews, validate and test the candidates as needed
- Handle the selection process – Reference checks, background checks, prior employment verification, offer letter
- Follow-up with 3 and 6 month reviews and performance evaluation
This is perfect for the business owner who has limited time to dedicate to the process of finding candidates. We search, pre-screen and find the top three candidates that fit the criteria. All the business owner has to do is share in the interview process and get ready to bring on the right person.
While some people are natural-born leaders with an instinctual understanding of how to motivate and relate to their people, most business owners will need to learn leadership skills and tactics. Having been in charge of a staff of 250, I was one of those people that had to learn leadership skills the hard way. I have since become a Certified John Maxwell Leadership Coach and I have developed my own leadership model.
The Five Pillars of Leadership
- Integrity – People follow leaders they can trust. Distrust leads to disloyalty, fear and moral issues.
- Listening and caring – People follow people who show they pay attention and attend to the needs of their followers. When people know they are important, they are more willing to go above and beyond.
- Empowering – People follow leaders who allow them to develop their best talents. Lack of growth opportunity is one of the leading reasons people leave their jobs.
- Results – People follow leaders with a proven track record. Everyone wants to align themselves with a winning team.
- Vision – People follow leaders they believe will navigate the company through difficult times. Being able to handle and even predict change creates confidence.
There are other ways we can help –
Do you have an employee handbook? This important tool can help set the tone and prevent issues before they arise. We can help you create or edit one.
Do you have bonus or incentive plans? Giving employees a reason to do better and work harder can be an excellent tool for higher productivity. We can help you create these programs.
The statistics vary but most research shows that between 30% and 50% of workers are looking for another job. This has increased the importance of creating an environment where employees flourish and feel valuable. By doing an employee survey and audit, we help employers analyze the satisfaction of their staff and create action plans designed to increase their retention rates.
Are you simply faced with an issue you don’t know how to resolve? We’re here to help with those unexpected situations!
While employee reviews have a bad reputation, having some way to offer feedback to employees is critical. Setting up systems where performance is addressed consistently and at regular intervals increases employee morale and productivity. We help employers create more effective feedback systems. This enables the employees to perform better, feel more valued and creates better lines of communication between the staff and the leaders.
“Ready to hire a new staff member or optimize the performance of your current team? Call me at 215-868-1283 or email me today at Claire@WeEmpowerLeaders.com